Due to continued growth, we are currently recruiting for a Quality Manager to join our team in Tranent, East Lothian, Scotland.
Scope of Role
The Quality Manager is a direct report to the COO and a member of the Had Fab Ltd management team. The primary function of the role is to lead the development and adherence to all Quality policies while ensuring a continual improvement approach to all aspects of quality.
The Quality Manager will also support the COO and wider management team in defining and delivering the business strategy in terms of markets, solutions, operational capabilities and financial performance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, improve and ensure adherence to the organisation’s Quality policies as well as regulatory compliance to all current applicable standards
- Defines and maintains measures on KPIs for all areas of responsibility and makes recommendations for improvement opportunities
- Leads development of the management quality system with regular reviews to maintain ISO 9001 accreditation
- Maintains the IMS and ensures effective processes and operating procedures are in place via process owners
- Gatekeeper for project quality plans ensuring relevant documentation packs are complete for all projects
- Deliver timely communication of all changes to any applicable legislation. Advise on matters relating to Quality at work, including the obligations and responsibilities of managers and employees; and provide comprehensive and practical advice to key stakeholders on best practice
- Carry out regular site inspections to ensure that all processes and procedures are implemented consistently and are regularly reviewed to reflect the current requirements.
- Chair monthly quality review meetings
- Manage the contractor approval process
- Management of all portals to which the company subscribes, RISQS, Achilles etc
- Management of QA documentation for both internal and external audit purposes; facilitate the audit process
- Manage the compilation of NCR reports for both internal and external Non-conformances, including customer complaints and lead best practice in Root Cause Analysis including 8-D Methodology
- Manage customer and regulatory body audits
- Manage internal audit program
- Manage business continuity plan
- Undertake audits of key suppliers
- Manage toolbox talk process
- Provide the Management Team with performance and improvement reports at the monthly management reviews
- Promotes a culture of continuous improvement
- Create an environment of trust and open communication
Authorities, Interface, Reporting and Supervision
- Direct report to the Chief Operating Officer
- In case absence, authorised delegate will be the Manufacturing Manager
- Liaise with other Managers
- Manage the RWC/Quality Inspectors
Health, Safety & Environment
- Maintain a high standard in HSE attitude and behaviour
- Act on any observed unsafe actions and conditions
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- At least 10 years Quality Management experience
- Must be commercially aware
- Strong people-management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Qualified ISO9001 lead auditor
- Experience in development and management of ISO 9001
This is a permanent position for the right candidate.
- Competitive Salary, negotiable depending on experience.
- Good benefits
- Variety of work
- Long term employment opportunity
Hours are 42.5 Hours per week – Mon-Fri 8.00am to 17.00pm including half hour for lunch.
If this is the opportunity you are looking for, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com