Yard Operations Manager
We are looking for an experienced “hands on” Yard Operations Manager who thrives in a challenging and fast-paced manufacturing environment and who has the ability to improve processes and reduce deficiencies.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and organisational skills and be flexible with the ability to work overtime when required.
- Supervise and manage the day to day operations of the yard.
- Develop and continuously improve the Yard operations including the outbound logistics processes, by keeping track of key performance indicators and making adjustments where required.
- Plan transport to maximise loading efficiencies, minimise costs and meet delivery deadlines.
- Ensure correlation and traceability of items on control sheets as dispatched and as received on sites.
- Minimise waste and rework by maintaining accurate tracking and traceability of WIP and finished goods.
- Liaise and communicate regularly with other managers on delivery performance and schedules
- Carry out full yard checks and 5S review audits, addressing anything that is not in line with required standards.
- Carry out necessary supervision and inspections to ensure standards, specifications and quality requirements are met and ensure that customer expectations are being achieved.
- Lead the hiring, supervision, on-going training, development and motivation of all the yard employees
- Promoting a culture of “Health and Safety First”
Skills and Experience required:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Knowledge of logistics, materials handling, kitting, bundling and BoM management
- Proven track of continuous improvement/Lean techniques for enhanced efficiency and quality of service
- Computer/IT and spreadsheet working skills. Some experience on ERP systems would be advantageous
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Hours: 42.5 hours per week. Mon to Fri 8.00am to 5.00pm
Holidays: 28 days per annum increasing by 5 days after 5 years continuous service
Salary & Benefits: £35,000 – £40,000 subject to experience
Death In Service
Employee Wellbeing & Assistance Programme
Apply with CV and covering letter to: Dennisgkatzounas@hadfabltd.co.uk