Due to continued growth, we are currently recruiting for an Estimator to join our team in Tranent, East Lothian, Scotland
Scope of Role
The purpose of role of an estimator in Had Fab is to convert customer enquiries and opportunities into winning business proposals by quoting pricing, delivery and commercial terms for products and services which meet the client requirements.
The estimator is part of a team who work together led by the Estimating Manager to deliver proposals in the agreed timescales and to the level of quality expected by the management team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and submit tender bids from customer supplied information such as drawings and specifications.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers to fully understand their needs to propose value add solutions and communicate progress and/or any change.
- Cultivate customer account relationships to promote Had Fab value and additional services.
- Coordinate and maintain all reporting, tracking, and supporting documentation required by the bid creation process.
- Liaise with suppliers and contractors to achieve best price, quality, and delivery.
- Maximise values and control costs.
- Prepare and issue quotation letters, specifying clarifications, if required
- Manage customer communications for any scope change in terms of cost and schedule.
- Check specifications and drawings against tender enquiry documents.
- Work closely with customers to enhance the company reputation as being responsive and professional.
- Working with the team to continually improve processes and capabilities.
Authorities, Interface, Reporting and Supervision
- Line report to the Estimating Manager
- Collaborates with the Business Development Managers to manage customer accounts.
- Consults with Operations staff to verify capacity, capability, and costs.
- Interface with designers and wider commercial team
Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensure that safety and environmental aspects are considered as part of the estimating process.
- Comply with applicable requirements of the HSE system.
- Maintain a high standard in HSE attitude and behavior.
- Report any observed unsafe actions and conditions.
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- Formal qualification in a numerate discipline e.g. engineering.
- Expert knowledge of use of Word documents and spreadsheets
- Technical knowledge of fabrication and interpreting customer requirements
- Cost modelling
- Experience of ERP systems in a manufacturing environment
- Commercial acumen and understanding of the sales process.
- Drive to win business and create value for Had Fab and customers
This is a permanent position for the right candidate.
- Competitive Salary, negotiable depending on experience.
- Good benefits
- Variety of work
- Long term employment opportunity
Hours are: Mon-Thurs 8.00am to 16.30pm and Friday 8.00am to 15.30pm.
If this is the opportunity you are looking for, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com