Core Job Description- The company design and fabricate a range of steel, aluminium and hybrid structures across industry sectors (Power, Rail, Renewables and Construction) and have a pressing requirement for an additional detailer/draughtsman. This role is for a Detailer responsible for developing structural detailing/fabrication packages. The successful candidate will be required to use TEKLA Structures to create models and a set of drawings for the client along with a complete fabrication package inclusive of general arrangement drawings, part, assembly and erection drawings.
Aims of the Position
- Production of fabrication packages
- TEKLA modelling
- AutoCAD draughting
- Providing high quality drawings in line with client and had fab standards
- Issuing projects to production via Strumis
- Supporting the design team’s draughting requirements
- Collaborating with production and fabrication on programme and fabrication requirements
Range of Responsibilities
- Successful delivery of a detailing portfolio of projects
- Compliant drawing packages (client, industry and Had Fab)
- Development of fit for manufacture drawing packages
- Report to Technical Manager on projects
- Development and improvement of detailing process at Had Fab.
- Client and drawing management.
- Provide technical support to production and fabrication teams
- Ensure excellent levels of HSQE in design and across the business.
Skills & Abilities
Strong technical understanding and experience of draughting and steel detailing
Knowledge & understanding of the industry standards, Codes of Practice and regulations related to drawing production
TEKLA and AutoCAD experience
Experience and exposure to structural design
Qualifications & Experience
5 years + experience of detailing and/or draughting
Character & Personal Qualities
Ambitious and self-motivated individual essential.
Strong leaderships skills
Ability to work effectively with other members of the Engineering, Design & Detailing team towards a common set of performance targets.
Excellent client facing communication and management skill set.
Enjoys working in an autonomous role and can effectively deliver their role under these conditions.
If this is the opportunity you are looking for, please send your CV and covering letter to GregScott@hadfabltd.co.uk