Core Job Description- The company design and fabricate a range of steel, aluminium and hybrid structures across industry sectors (Power, Rail, Renewables and Construction) and have a pressing requirement for an additional structural engineer. This role is for a Structural Design Engineer responsible for developing structural design packages and supporting the successful and timely delivery of structural fabrication packages. The successful candidate will be required to design in line with Eurocode and client specifications (e.g. National Grid and Network Rail) while managing and delivering multiple structural design packages in line with the business portfolio.
Aims of the Position
- Design and deliver structural design packages in line with client and Had Fab requirements from a technical, quality, commercial and programme perspective.
- Work closely with the detailing team to develop fit for manufacture fabrication packages.
- Work collaboratively with the production and fabrication team to ensure successful delivery of the Had Fab portfolio of projects.
- Support the estimating team with technical input to facilitate accurate and timely pricing for clients.
Range of Responsibilities
- Management of a portfolio of structural design projects
- Compliant design to Eurocode and Client specification
- Report to Technical Manager on projects
- Development and improvement of structural design process at Had Fab.
- Client and design management.
- Provide technical support to production and fabrication teams
- Ensure excellent levels of HSQE in design and across the business.
Skills & Abilities
Strong technical understanding and experience in the application the engineering principles related to structural design (steel and aluminium).
Knowledge & understanding of the industry standards, Codes of Practice and regulations related to this job e.g. Eurocode 3 and 9.
AutoCAD, TEKLA, SCIA, QSE experience or similar would be beneficial.
Experience and exposure to structural design
Qualifications & Experience
Degree qualified in Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering
2 years + experience.
Character & Personal Qualities
Ambitious and self-motivated individual essential.
Strong leaderships skills that can be applied to building and leading a new design team.
Strong financial and business acumen.
Ability to work effectively with other members of the Engineering, Design & Detailing team towards a common set of performance targets.
Excellent client facing communication and management skill set.
Enjoys working in an autonomous role and can effectively deliver their role under these conditions.
If this is the opportunity you are looking for, please send your CV and covering letter to GregScott@hadfabltd.co.uk