HAD FAB CAREERS POSITION: TRAINEE ESTIMATOR
We have an exciting opportunity to join Had Fab’s estimating team as a Trainee Estimator to prepare winning proposals to turn client enquiries into orders.
Had-Fab is a fast-paced progressive company striving to continually improve and remain at the top of our current markets as well as development into new market areas.
We are looking for a hardworking, dynamic self-starter who is capable of learning quickly and keen to develop their skills. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has technical ability looking to enhance and build on a career in estimating.
We are looking for applicants from the following backgrounds:
- Project Management
- Engineering / Manufacturing
- Fabrication / Welding
We are willing to accept candidates from apprenticeship/college/university level and especially interested in those who have a background in steel fabrication.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and submit customer quotations from customer supplied information such as drawings and speciﬁcations
- Carry out an initial “Review of Requirements” to decide whether to decline to quote Maintain the Estimate Register, Order Book and other relevant ﬁles
- Liaise with suppliers and contractors to achieve best price, quality and delivery
- Maximise values and control costs
- Evaluate estimate responses and manage variations
- Notify the customer of any program cost or engineering contract change
- Prepare and issue quotation letters, specifying clariﬁcations, if required
- Work closely with customers to enhance the company reputation
- Record estimate data for reporting as required under the direction of the Estimating Manager
If this is the opportunity you are looking for, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Salary negotiable depending on experience.